PETALING JAYA | After hours of trying to figure out which ministry businesses would have to request their approval letters from, the National Security Council (NSC) now says all approval letters to operate during the two-week lockdown from Tuesday (June 1) will only be issued from a one-stop centre by the International Trade and Industry Ministry (Miti).
This was a reversal of the earlier NSC decision on Sunday (May 30) to allow industries to get approvals from their relevant ministries.
Previously, during the earlier MCOs, Miti issued all approval letters for essential industries.
According to the NSC, its special meeting chaired by Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin decided that all essential economic sectors will be required to get operating approval letters from the one-stop centre manned by Miti upon confirmation with relevant ministries in charge of a particular sector.
“In line with the implementation of the movement control order Phase One, all approval letters issued by Miti prior to this will be considered revoked from June 1.
“The NSC decided today (Monday, May 31) to set up a one-stop centre manned by Miti to issue approval letters upon confirmation from ministries which monitor those sectors.
“New applications for work-related travel must now be resubmitted to the Covid-19 Intelligent Management System (CIMS) 3.0 which will be manned by Miti and involve all the ministries in charge of monitoring the 17 essential services sector, ” the NSC said on Monday.