BUTTERWORTH | There is a possibility that several individuals from MIC are involved in the RM100mil PenjanaKerjaya scandal, says Datuk Seri M. Saravanan (pic).
The MIC deputy president said so far, he had no information on the matter but didn’t rule out the involvement of some individuals from the party in the scandal.
“So far I have no information on that, but I cannot deny there are probably some from the party who may be involved in the matter,”he said.
Saravanan, however, said that the involvement of the individuals was not related to the party at all and he would not compromise with anyone who may be involved in criminal activities.
The Human Resource Minister was commenting on the matter after being asked by reporters about the claim that some MIC leaders had been detained by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) overt the scandal.
On Wednesday (July 13), the MACC announced that it had launched an operation to investigate allegations of false claims and misappropriation of incentives under the PenjanaKerjaya programme.
Code-named Ops Hire, the operation is being conducted simultaneously nationwide.
PenjanaKerjaya was announced by then prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin under the National Economic Recovery Plan, offering financial incentives of between RM600 and RM1,000 to employers for each employee or apprentice employed for up to six months.
Earlier, Saravanan was at Flex Penang to witness the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Socso and Flex Penang on the empowerment of placing disabled worker (OKU) at the factory.
The MoU was signed between Social Security Organisation CEO Datuk Seri Mohammed Azman Aziz Mohamed and Flex vice president P. Viswanathan.